Cookie desserts are some of the most fun and easy desserts you can make. It doesn’t matter whether or not someone’s diet restricts them to gluten-free, vegan, raw food, low carb, low fat, dairy-free diets, everyone loves cookies!
Besides being just plain delicious, they’re perfect for almost any occasion. From weddings to birthday parties to holidays like Christmas and Valentine’s Day – there is no limit to the diverse range of flavours and styles cookie desserts can come in.
If you want more than just cookies at your next party, consider making some beautiful brownies or bars as well! You’ll be doing yourself a favour by limiting possible dessert table problems (like having too many chocolate-based goodies).
Following is the recipe of no-bake peanut butter cornflake cookies. You can follow the guidelines to make this easy cookie desert. It will definitely be loved by all of your family members and friends.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies
5 cups (16 Oz) Corn Flakes 1/2 cup White Sugar 1/2 cup Brown Sugar 2 sticks Unsalted Butter, softened 3/4 Cup Smooth Roasted Peanut Butter 2 Cups Miniature Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1. In a large bowl, combine the cornflakes and sugars. Mix well with a fork or spoon. The mixture will be very dry. Add the butter and peanut butter and mix until all flakes are moistened. Add the chocolate chips and mix until no white spots remain.
2. Using a 1/4-cup measure, portion out six mounds of dough on parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheets (3 cookies per sheet) and place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes before baking. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to three weeks after freezing, or one week if kept chilled in the refrigerator.
3. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. Remove cookie dough from the freezer and bake for 12-15 minutes for refrigerated dough or 7-9 minutes if frozen. Let cool on pan for minutes before transferring to wire rack.
4. Enjoy no-bake peanut butter cornflake cookies! You can serve it with a good coffee or tea. You can also make a caramel sauce to add some spice to the taste.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies Benefits
A cookie that’s easy to make but with a taste so sweet and rich you would have never guessed it’s guilt-free!
- Less than 100 calories
- No yeast, no rising time, makes them quick and easy to prepare.
- Less than 5 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to bake
- 3 ingredients: Cornflakes, peanut butter and brown sugar.
- Good for diabetics! Cornflakes are low on the glycemic index which is great for those who have this kind of diet.
- Good for individuals with lactose intolerance! There are no milk products in these cookies.
- Kids would love them.
- Great for volunteers and those working in the community (busy moms and individuals who tend to be on the go).