Are you tired of scooping the soft, light, and airy cookie dough into separate delicate cookie pieces? Check out this easy cookie bar dessert recipe for a really easy and time-saving baking experience and an appetizing dessert time.
Cookie bars are nothing but delicious cookies pressed, baked, and cut into bar shape for a quick munch. They are easy to serve and tastes the best. A mind-boggling simple, and hassle-free preparation from the simplest of ingredients will give you a scrumptious platter of easy cookie bar dessert that oozes out savory. These are extremely light and chewy and a complete filler any time of the day after or before the meal. So let us get on to the recipe of this worth-trying easy cookie bar dessert.
Easy Cookie Bar Dessert Recipe
Unsalted Butter (Softened)- 2 Cups
White Granulated Sugar- 1½ Cups
Brown Sugar- 1½ Cups
Vanilla Extract- 2 Teaspoon
Water- 1 Teaspoon
All-Purpose Flour- 4½ cups
Baking Soda- 2 Teaspoon
Salt- 1½ Teaspoon
Chocolate chips (white and brown)- 3 Cups
Chopped walnuts- 1 Cup
Steps Of Easy Cookie Bar Dessert Recipe
- Sieve the all-purpose flour in a bowl, and add baking soda and salt to it. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add butter, granulated white sugar, and brown sugar, and cream them until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and water into the mixture and keep blending.
- Add theentire dry flour mix to the wet mixture and mix gently with the cut and fold method.
- Add the white and brown chocolate chips and walnuts to the mixture and fold well.
- Grease a baking tin and press the prepared cookie dough in it neatly.
- Sprinkle some chocolate chips over its top.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or till it is golden brown.
Method To Serve The Easy Cookie Bars
- Once the flattened cookie dough is baked nicely, let it rest for a minute.
- Demould it and place it over the wire racks to cool.
- Cut into bars of your desired shape and serve.
- You may also top them with some freshly whipped cream, nuts, or ice cream of your choice.
Thus the easy cookie bar dessert recipe is all about transforming your traditional light, airy cookies into thick and chewy cookie bars that are everyone’s favorite dessert. The cookie dough is gently pressed, baked, and cut into bar shapes. To check whether the bars are completely done, you may do the tooth-pick test. But again, you may bake it as per your choice and taste. Simply check it doesn’t get too dry or remain too wet and soft.
You can add some more delicious and colorful toppings for a complete heavenly taste besides fine chocolate chips and walnuts like crumbled oatmeal, chocolate shavings, dried berries, almonds, or any other nuts of your choice.
So try out this incredibly delicious and easy cookie bar dessert recipe to make your dessert time extra sugary and chocolaty.